Nootropics are recognized as cognitive enhancing compounds which are used for improving memory power and concentration. These compounds are habitually acknowledged as smart drugs because they are linked to increased motivation, mental energy, and intelligence. But, there is a difference between these compounds and smart drugs. Unlike smart drugs, nootropics do not cause adverse side effects. These compounds are harmless, neuroprotective and come with fewer side effects when users take them responsibly. There are many nootropics which share identical processes of action by improving enlarged communication between neurons and this helps in balancing the levels of the neurotransmitter or the brain cell health.
When you are looking for the best nootropics you must know that they are natural supplements or neuro-enhancing compounds that have a low occurrence of negative side effects. According to the Belgian pharmacologists, V. Skondia and S. Giurgea, nootropics refer to cognitive improving compounds that have excessively low toxicity and these can be taken for a long period of time. There are certain nootropics, like Piracetam that can improve your brain functions minus any adverse side effects related to brain stimulants. Piracetam is also recognized as Nootropil and it is one of the widespread nootropicslike
Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, Pramiracetam, Phenylpiracetam, Nebracetam, Coluracetam, and Nefiracetam.
Benefits of nootropics
There are many benefits of nootropics for students, professionals and other people who are interested in taking smart drugs. These compounds improve your memory, focus, and attention span among many. The vital benefits of these compounds include:
- Better concentration – Students or professionals who do jobs that need concentration, for them these compounds offer enhanced motivation, clarity of thought and improved brain function and these help in the development of memory.
- Better memory –For countless people, nootropics are highly important to prevent neurological degradation which results in disorders, like senile dementia, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s.
- Improved brain health – Nootropics, like fish oil capsules and multivitamins counter the deprivation of your brain by the promotion of cell growth and improved blood flow.
- Anti-aging benefits – According to studies, there are some nootropics which are highly effectual in moving back the signs of aging and stress in both young and old people. Problems, like grey hair, wrinkled skin, dark circles, impaired vision, and poor metabolism are the signs of improper brain function and these problems can be upturned by using nootropics.
- Improved mood – Compounds, like BacopaMonnieri, Asian Ginseng, and Sulbutiamine help in battling stress, social anxiety, and depression besides augmenting your mood.
- Improved creativity and reasoning – Some nootropics, like Iodine and Creatine increase your capability of reasoning, problem-solving capabilities, and foster creativity.
The best nootropics are found in both the forms; the powder form and the pill form. Commonly, pills and tablets are more convenient and you can carry them easily but they are costlier compared to the bulk powder. When you decide to buy these compounds from the internet, you must keep in mind the legal issues. Though nootropics are absolutely legal to buy, yet there are some nations that put restrictions on these compounds. You will also have to find out which nootropics are obtainable over-the-counter and which ones need prescriptions.